Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Butterfly & Serpent--thoughts

mike3839.com/2018/07/17/butterfly-serpent-thoughts/
[Forwarded from my Wordpress site]



We're in the final stages of proofing and I'm looking forward to putting this baby to bed.  

I never really intended this to be a trilogy at all. I hate trilogies; they're as bad as cliffhangers, or major motion pictures of books that stretch ONE book into two--or three- pictures. Thank you very much, Harry Potter, for starting that trend. I thought this series would wind up at two books, at best.               
Well, the first book, Butterfly & Serpent (above) was already clocking in at over 200 pages. Once I finished the first section of the follow-up volumes, I realized this section would be completely different from the rest of the material and would probably work best as a stand-alone.


Not to give away too much, but in Book 2, Fathers & Daughters, Youssou is forced to call on Jamai's help when a new situation rises, and he has to confront his family's pains of the past. Jamai will come forward as a stronger, more assertive personality.  

For Book 3, because of their actions in the previous adventure Jamai & Youssou find themselves thrown into the wider world. Their relationship will be tested, with the usual troubles one can expect from two very young people. 


That's all for now. I'll keep everybody up to date as things move along. 



No comments:

Post a Comment