Saturday, March 9, 2019

Review: Forever Nerdy: Living My Dorky Dreams and Staying Metal

Forever Nerdy: Living My Dorky Dreams and Staying Metal Forever Nerdy: Living My Dorky Dreams and Staying Metal by Brian Posehn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This man cries out for an editor. His book reads like a stand-up routine, all over the place. Maybe this is what a conversation with Brian Posehn would be like--hard to follow with lots of profanity. I wanted to enjoy this more because yeah, I am a nerd too, but somehow it seemed harder to read than it should have. Sometimes there's TMI; I don't need to know every single frikkin' TV show he watched as a child; I don't need to be walked through all every act of sex with his former girlfriends. BUUUT, he owns his mistakes and regrets while he details the road to total nerdity, and comedy.

P.S. I am totally with him on the Star Wars chapter. Skip to page 84-85; he describes exactly how all us Star Wars fans felt about the prequels. I can't repeat it, you have just got to read it for yourself. He does get to his comic career just in time for him to break his back. I am with him entirely on his Nerd Rant on page 249. He's right, all you white male nerds need to calm down, take some Prozac. Women and Diversity is part of this world, boys, including the comic book and gaming ones. OK, I'll recommend it, but it's gonna be work for ya.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment